– A family history of myopia
– Spending too much time focusing up close (activities such as reading, and computer use can increase the risk of developing short sightedness)
– Not enough time outdoors (its believed that spending more time outdoors can help delay the onset of myopia)
Here at Crowther’s, we offer two options for myopia management in children and teenagers. Both products are clinical proven to not only correct your child’s short sightedness but also slow down its progression.
MiOSMART Spectacle Lenses
MiYOSMART is a spectacle lens for myopia management in children. Research shows that on average, they to slow down myopia progression by 60%. The benefit of spectacle based myopia management is that there is no need to put anything in the eyes and kids find it very easy adapt from standard spectacle lenses to MiYOSMART lens.
These lenses are priced at £275.
MiSight daily disposable contact lenses
MiSight® 1 day is a daily disposable contact lens designed for children with a proven ability to slow down the progression of myopia in children.
– ActivControl® Technology allows children to see clearly while slowing their myopia progression and eyeball growth.
– Wearing MiSight® 1 day contact lenses has been shown to reduce myopia progression in children by 59% on average, which results in a lower prescription.
The lenses are priced at £49 per month with an initial fitting fee of £50 (this includes an assessment of your child’s suitability for the lenses, a handling appointment to ensure your child is competent taking the lenses in and out, the supply of some trial lenses and a follow up appointment).
Follow The Link To Read Our Covid-19 Information