We are open as normal for Routine and Urgent eyecare, with your safety taking priority. We understand you may feel apprehensive coming to the practice, so we have made a few changes to our procedures to ensure your safety. Here is a summary of what to expect.
- You will receive a text message or phone call the day before to confirm that you are well, and that no one in your household is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19
- To limit the number of people in the practice we ask that where possible you attend your appointment alone. If a companion is necessary (for example with a child) it’s recommended that this is limited to one parent/carer.
- To limit the number of patients in the waiting area we ask that you arrive at the practice no longer than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- On entering the practice, you will be invited to sanitise your hands with the hand gel provided.
Due to the nature of an eye examination our clinicians can not adhere to social distancing, for this reason they will be wearing Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). We also ask that you attend wearing a face covering, in line with current public health guidance.
- To reduce physical contact our Optometrist may adapt the eye exam by doing different tests than normal and only conducting tests that are clinically necessary.
- We will be implementing a pre-booked appointment system for the collection of glasses. When we advise you that your glasses are ready for collection, we will book you an appointment for the collection and fitting of your spectacles.
We look forward to providing you will the same standard of eye care that you have been used to. If you have any questions at all about the new practice experience, then please do not hesitate to contact our team.